Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pinterest Fail, Pinterest Success!

My girl has been requesting that we do some painting.
It has been a while, the last time ended up messy, as usual.
We still haven't been to the shops to buy her some new paints...
Terrible mother, I know!

This morning I decided to put some of my Pinterest finds into action.
I knew I could make some finger paints for them, like I did back here.
Then I saw this idea and thought BRILLIANT! 
NO MESS!


But uh.....
This is how my attempt went...
Within seconds of them being done, they were ripped off the table.
He poked...


Got bored with that, so scrunched it up...


...And threw it on the ground...


She just looked bored, wanted to open the bags and eat it...


While I was cleaning up the mess from the boy, she split open her bag and started ti paint the outside, and her forehead.

No mess?
Yes, mess!!
But there was a success this morning...

I opened a delicious jar of sun dried tomatoes last night for our home made pizzas...


(Which were amazingly delicious!)

I noticed on the jar it says that they have to be consumed within 7 days of opening.
I usually ignore these warnings...
But this time I took it as a challenge, and went on a hunt.

I came across this...


Looks pretty tasty, right?
I glance at the recipe and went to the kitchen.
I chucked a bit of this, and a bit of that in there.
More tomatoes, less cheese, more garlic.
Always more garlic!

And voila!


Delicious with crackers...



Or spread on some freshly toasted crusty bread...



Obviously mine looks very different to hers!
I just chucked everything into my mini food processor and whizzed it up to a yummy paste.
Success!




No comments:

Post a Comment