Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Family Life

I always knew I wanted to be a young mum.
I always knew I wanted to settle down and start a family.
I wasn't one of those people who wanted to travel the world for years, or throw myself into and exhausting career that I would eventually despise.
I wanted a family.
I guess you could call me old fashioned, I didn't care about the housewife title, it was all I wanted.

The way things worked out...
Well, I got exactly what I had hoped for.
I married my darling husband when I was 21, and had my first baby the next year, just weeks before my 22nd birthday.
It was tough, nothing like I had imagined, but so much more than I had dreamed.
When our little man came along almost two years later, I felt complete.
I have my family.
We are an odd bunch, but we are fun and full of love.
We don't stand and watch our kids play at the park, we join in.





































We encourage their creativity...
















Even if it is a bit messy!

We let them sleep in mummy & daddy's bed if they wake up scared...






















We encourage them to play games together, to form a loving brother & sister bond...


































We let them have special treats...
















Even if it means boundless energy afterwards (that's what the parks are for!).

We are silly...


































We tickle...

 We pull silly faces...

And we dress up...


And all this fun leaves me exhausted by the end of every day...

But happy.
So happy.



3 comments:

  1. Made me cry reading this xo I love how you love your Family xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hun, I see the same love in your family too, so wonderful! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love it. We are a young family too. I don't have any of those old people preconceptions about how to raise kids . We just have fun.

    ReplyDelete