Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Late Night Baking-Flourless Peanut Chocolate Cookies

Last night I felt the urge.
The urge to bake something.
I pulled out my iPad and browsed through my food apps....
Martha Stewart!
Yes I think this one will do.
It was a tought decision, but I ended up going for the Flourless Peanut Chocolate Cookies.
It is quick, easy and definitely delicious.

I stepped it up a notch.
I found some dark chocolate and cream and made myself a lovely ganache.....
Then I did my cookies 4 different ways...



Chocolate sandwich cookies.



They passed the taste test!



I left some cookies bare and spread others with ganache as a bittersweet topping.

Then came the masterpiece.
I pushed cookie dough into muffin tins (If I had patty cases I would have used them!)
I baked them until lightly browned.
I cut up some snack sized Mars bars and popped them into their cookie cases.
Back in the oven to melt.
Not for long!
Out to cool.
Now the fun part!
Piping. Gun. My favourite tool!



Mmm cookie, chocolate and caramel, dark chocolate ganache.... Also known as sickly sweet heaven!



Of course they didn't last long...



I will definitely be making these decadent little treats again sometime, but I have learnt something for next time.
I didn't have patty cases. (Blame 2yr old daughter here for finding them in the pantry EVERY time and pulling them all out and decorating our floor)
Some of my cookie cases lost their bottoms when they stuck to the tin. It's ok though, they were eaten still. No food wasting here!

Want to try them?
Go on!
Here's the Recipe:

Flourless Peanut Chocolate Cookies

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I microwaved ours for a about 10 seconds to make it easier to stir)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts (I omitted these as we didn't have any)
DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175-180 C), with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 large egg (lightly beaten), 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Stir in 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts.

  2. With moistened hands, roll dough, about 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, into balls. Place 2 inches apart on two baking sheets.

  3. Bake until cookies are golden and puffed, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment