Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Like To Build It

Have you seen this amazing website, Ana White Homemaker?

Ana is such an inspiring woman!
She shows that anyone can make beautiful furniture, and more.
I love browsing through the tonnes of free projects and have so many on my to do list.

I wanted to get started, but had no idea where to begin.
Tools!
I needed a power drill.
We went to the shops and decided on this one:


It is part of a system which all share the same batteries so when I eventually get a few more tools, they can all share and I won't need to buy many more extras.
The battery is fully charged within one hour and it is so lightweight and easy to use.
I LOVE IT!

We zoomed around the shop and grabbed some basic supplies for my first project, Ten Dollar Ledges.

It was a learning experience, and it is definitely not perfect, but I am so happy with my efforts!


I did it a little different to hers, as I don't have a pocket hole jig, so I wanted to have all the screws underneath.

I had some scraps lying around so I made a quick basic frame which I have some grand plans for..... I will show you when I am finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment