Saturday, March 24, 2012

Banana Bread, A New Recipe

Our fruit bowl was overflowing with ripe bananas.
My kids go through phases.
One week they will LOVE bananas, the next, they loathe them.
Of course they shake it up all the time just to keep me on my toes.

I decided it was time to make some banana bread.
I didn't have any sour cream.. Oh dear...
So I did a quick search and found a new one, which was highly rated, and thought I'd give it a go.


It came out alright, very dense, didn't rise much at all though... A bit gluggy for me.
But it looks fabulous in my new pretty cake keeper!


But if you make a nice cup of coffee, toast it up so it is nice and crispy and hot...


And of course melt some butter on top...


Yeah, then it tastes pretty good.

Here's the recipe:

Banana Bread

Ingredients:

1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g butter, melted, cooled
2 eggs, whisked
3 ripe bananas, mashed

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180ƒC. Grease and line the base and side of an 11 x 21cm x 6cm deep (base) loaf pan.
2. Combine flours, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk butter and eggs together. Stir in banana.
Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
3. Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10
mins before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm spread with butter.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment