Friday, November 25, 2011

Ginger Crunch Slice {Recipe}

So you have probably seen this book on my blog before?



My awesome brother and sister in law gave it to me for my birthday earlier in the year.
It is SO GOOD!

Remember these?



Mmm, delicious!

Well I found another recipe in the book that I just had to try.
Ginger Crunch Slice.



They are pretty good.
Though there is a LOT of icing!



I ran out of ginger to put in the icing but let me tell you this... It has honey in it and it tastes AMAZING! I want to try honey in a cupcake frosting, it tastes so good.

Here is the recipe, changed up a little the way I made it.

Ginger Crunch Slice

Ingredients:

For the base:

225g wholemeal flour
100g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground ginger
150g butter, softened

For the icing:

150g butter
60ml honey
300g icing sugar


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 180*C. Line a deep sided 18x27cm baking tin with baking paper.

To make the base:
Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Sift in flour, ginger and baking powder and mix until just combined.
Press the mixture into the tin and level off using the back of a spoon.
Bake for 20-25mins or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.

To make the icing:
Put the butter and honey in a medium saucepan and heat until just melted. Sift in the icing sugar and ginger and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth.
Remove from the heat and pour over the base. Leave to set.
Remove from the tin and cut into squares or triangles.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty darn mouth-watering!

    --Jaclyn T
    TrickArt: Nature Chic
    20% off with SALES20
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickartjewellery
    http://www.positiveponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There might be a lot of frosting, but they look beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    Stopping by from Something Swanky Blog Hop!
    Willa

    ReplyDelete