Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chunky Cookies & Cream Brownies



I have a cookbook that is so battered and covered in spills, I have had it since I was 10 years old.
It's a favourite.
It's a kid's cookbook.
It taught me how to cook.
It taught my friend how to cook (when he was 19 and we moved in together with my man).
I love it.
It's easy.
The food is yummy.
It's not like these modern cookbooks for kids, this one has real food, homestyle meals.

One of my favourite recipes is for chocolate brownies.
No chocolate required.
Another thing I love is that most recipes you will already have everything in your pantry that you need.
This brownie recipe makes delicious, fudge-like brownies. Melt in your mouth, chocolate gooey treats.

I had some cookies and cream chocolate lying around and thought I would do some recipe manipulation!
So here is the original.... From my much loved book...



I altered it a little.
I used wholemeal flour.
I added another 1/2-1 cup flour to thicken it up a little so it was a bit more solid.
I added 1 cup of roughly chopped cookies and cream chocolate.
I baked it for longer, until the top was crisp and the bottom was soft and gooey.



Mmmm yeah it was good!



A few months ago I found a kid's cookbook set in Target which looked similar to the ones I have (I have the first and second of these cookbooks, both fantastic!) so I couldn't resist of course!
I got home and unwrapped them and flicked through.
There was one on kid's party foods, with some great ideas for parties for little ones.
Another looked yummy, but I have yet to explore it fully since the next two I flicked through were very familiar!
They were exactly the same as the two I have but with new cover photos!
Now the hoarder in me wants to put these with my other cookbooks and hold on to them forever.
But then I thought, what is the point in that?
I think I might give them away instead.
I'm going to do something new this time though.
I'm going to do a giveaway on my Facebook page.
So if you haven't "liked" my page, pop on over here.

6 comments:

  1. Yum! They look super tasty ^_^ I shall have to make some as I have the Kid's Cookbooks too! I adore them, and the Fudge Cake in the green cookbook is my most favourite cake recipe ever! It's totally vegan, oh-so-easy, and really yummy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, does that look delicious and moist. I checked out some of you other posts. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Came over from Market Yourself Monday...This looks really yummy. Would love for you to come over and share at my Tasty Tuesday Party going on now!
    http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's it! I need something sweet in this house or I'm not going to make it! This looks DELICIOUS!!! I have a kid's cookbook of my own! Sweet little treasure! :) I'm your newest follower and I'm so glad you stopped by yesterday ... so excited to have a new blog full of inspiration!

    Your new bloggy friend,

    Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete