Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Strawberry Picking & Super Fast Salad

A long time ago I snapped up some very cheap strawberry plant bulbs from our supermarket.
Three in the pack, two died in a heatwave but one grew and grew.
It has taken over the pot and is now providing us with delicious, sweet berries every few days.



Eve spotted this one straight away, and lunged down to pinch it off.



Straight in the mouth, no need to wash, we don't use any chemicals here.



"You try?"



The rest of my little garden is going well.



I have one empty pot that I cannot decide what to put in, and I need to get some coriander seedlings since mine keep getting killed by the heat as soon as they begin to get leaves.



The crystal apple cucumber plant is dripping in tiny fruit, slowly swelling up.
I can't wait til we get to pick these!
Sliced in thick chunks with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and chilled to icy perfection, they are the best Summer snack!

Lunch today has been super healthy and super delicious.
I had some brown lentils (canned) left from dinner preparations and wanted to use them somehow with the brown rice sitting in my fridge.
This is what I ended up with...



It was very tasty but so filling, I served myself up half and couldn't even finish it!



It was so quick and easy to make, and much better for you than convenience foods!
I have no idea what to name my creation so feel free to call it whatever you want!

{insert creative salad name here}

Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 carrot, grated
1 Roma tomato, finely chopped
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
1/2 red capsicum, chopped
1 can flavoured tuna, I used herb and garlic
1/2 cup cooked and cooled brown rice
1/4 cup brown lentils (canned)
Sprinkling of chopped parsley

Method:

Mix it all together!

Add some grated cheese if you like...



And EAT!!

Fill up your tummy with yummy salad and green tea and try to resist the freshly baked biscuits lurking in the pantry...



I made these using wholemeal flour yesterday with a few variations, recipe coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment