Friday, August 19, 2011

I Heart... Healthy Food That Tastes Good!

Alright I know I'm not exactly well known for my healthy cooking.
It's no secret that I love to makes sweet things.
But I do love to create healthy meals and snacks too, and I am always on the lookout for new recipes.
But not just any recipe.
Ones that are healthy, full of veges or fruit, and most importantly, taste good!

Dinner last night was Spinach, Pumpkin & Ricotta Canneloni with Greek Salad.
I changed the recipe a bit, as usual.
When I puree up steamed veges for my little boy I do big lots.
I use some of these puree cubes to add to our meals, to boost up the vege content.
So last night I stuck some sweet potato and cauliflower in there.

After making up the canneloni I had a lot of mixture left over, and some lasagne sheets too.
So I did some experimenting.
I have seen lasagne cup pictures on Pinterest but never really looked at a recipe.
I figured I could do my own version.




So I popped the cut up lasagne sheets into a muffin tray and started to fill them.
One spoon of the ricotta mixture, a splash of passata and finally covered with a sprinkle of tasty and parmesan cheese.



I had been craving that yummy baked cheese taste...



They were a little messy....



But delicious!

Want something sweet?



Morning tea.
Strawberries, yoghurt, passionfruit, more yoghurt, apple slices and muesli bar crumbled on top.



Oh yes it tastes good!




No comments:

Post a Comment