Monday, August 1, 2011

Cupcakes

In case you haven't noticed (which I highly doubt) I love to bake.
I love to decorate.
And cupcakes are the perfect mix of the two.
I got a new baking magazine which came with free silicone cupcake molds.
The first recipe was vanilla cupcakes.
So yesterday I pulled out my shiny new Kitchen Aid mixer.
(Which I am deeply in love with)
I followed the recipe but used vanilla bean paste instead of essence and added some pink colouring and strawberry flavouring to the icing.
And oh yum!!



Of course decorating them all the same would just be a bit blah blah boring!
So I played around with colours...



Sprinkles and nozzles...



Candy...



And fruit...



It was great sticky, sweet fun and today I'm back in the kitchen for more baking. At the supermarket yesterday they had punnets of raspberries for $1.99 and I couldn't say no!
I'm thinking maybe raspberry friands?

But for now here are some more delicious cupcakes which inspire me...










2 comments:

  1. I loved your cupcakes the best. But the peacock comes in 2nd.

    Happy Sunday - although I think it may be Monday by now for you. But I love Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are photos of said new investment?

    ReplyDelete