Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Is For Sharing

I haven't been feeling too well lately. Actually quite sick.
My motivation levels are dipping so low our dinners have become the laziest meals ever.
The other night I went as far as putting food on a tray and into the oven. In a random burst of energy a few hours before dinner I had cut up some veges and put them in my steamer ready to go with our fish and chips.......
......
....
...
..
And after all that effort I couldn't even eat it all!
I picked at my chips, ate all my veges (yes mum you should be proud I ate them first!) then had most of my fish.....Until halfway through a piece I got the sudden urge to be sick so goodbye yummy dinner!

Tonight it will be another simple but hopefully nutritional meal....
So I have turned to my trusty cookbook.
My best cookbook I have.



And after flicking through to take these snaps my eyes (and my stomach) seem to have settled on this one....



In fact, the instant memory of it's yumminess makes me want it NOW! I'll just have to convince the husband that I need it enough to go to the shops and pick up a few supplies.
Usually we have most ingredients in the garden or fridge but our last shopping trip my head was in the clouds and a few things were forgotten.

Anyway back to the yummy recipe....


(Yes I am really that lazy/ill that I'm not typing it out for you.....)

You should try it.
But my suggestion is without the mint.
I didn't add it the first time I made it so the next I decided to try it......
NOT AGAIN.
It was not so good.
Changed the whole taste and not to my liking.

Anyway!
I'll be sharing more of my favourites from this cookbook every Saturday.
:)

2 comments:

  1. Food is normally my favorite times of day and I love to cook and eat.
    At the moment just looking,smelling thuinking of food feels like persecution!
    But I must say that salad does look appetising....I am a big disliker of mint,So I am with you on leaving it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there something you might want to tell yours friends,.lol love glenda

    ReplyDelete