Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Is For Sharing

On Tuesday I did some baking. I felt it was necessary since we had only one jam drop biscuit left and my husband had eaten all of his chocolate.
EMERGENCY! SWEET THINGS NEEDED!

I tried a recipe from the Pioneer Woman (I have a teensy crush on her cooking skills, check her out here if you haven't met her yet). I tried out her recipe for "Spreads" found in the cookie section. But I'll tell you more about those later....

On to the recipe!
My friend gave me this recipe after we scoffed some of these at her house once. It has to be the most soft and delicious muesli I have ever eaten. It crumbles a bit but that would make it just perfect for serving with yogurt for breakfast. I must try that!



Apricot Muesli Bars

Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30-35 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup dried apricots - chopped
1 cup water
1 cup plain flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut
150 grams butter
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:

1. Combine apricots & water in a saucepan, boil until all of the water is absorbed.
2. Combine flour, oats, coconut and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Stir in brown sugar & butter into apricot mix, stirring as it melts into a syrup.
4. Add apricot mix to dry ingredients & combine.
5. Pour mixture into a slice tin, pre-lined with baking paper.
6. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes at 180C, until golden brown.

Trust me, it is good...




After both trays of goodies were cooled I sliced them up and popped them into my favourite little tins.
Now you can sit at the table and decide... Fruit or yummy baked treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment