Friday, August 24, 2012

Chicken & Coriander Asian-Style Salad

Our fridge was full of chicken.
Breast, and a whole bird stuffed in there.
I looked at the breast and brainstormed.
Lunch?
Dinner?
Both?

Both, of course!

I took the smallest portion out and marinaded it in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, coriander and garlic that had been pulsed into a runny paste.

While I let that sit and absorb the flavours, I chopped up some Chinese cabbage (Wom bok), sliced some cucumber, grated some carrot, and sprinkled some torn up coriander on top.
Next was the dressing...
Vinegar, olive oil, sugar, soy sauce and a splash of sesame oil.
Delicious!

Out came the chicken and I grilled it until golden.

I tossed the salad with the dressing and plonked the chicken on top.

Voila!


Flavour..... Amazing!
Preparation time... Express!
I think this one is a winner.

1 comment:

  1. very interesting post.

    http://defygames.com/Play-Wine-bottle-Room-Escape-562

    ReplyDelete