Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells

I stumbled across these giant pasta shells at the supermarket the other week and I just had to buy a packet.
Many years ago, a friend's mother had made us the most delicious dinner using these shells stuffed with cheese and spinach and I have wanted to try cooking it myself ever since.

I had no recipe, but gathered a few ingredients that were lying around...


I crumbled the ricotta...


Mixed in the beaten eggs...


Boiled up the pasta until it was almost cooked through...


Mixed in the defrosted pumpkin puree and spinach...


Added some fresh parsley and seasoned it with salt & pepper...


Then I spread a layer of pasta sauce over the bottom of my baking dish...


I found a huge clove of garlic...


...And I grated it finely over the sauce...


I set up a stuffing station...

I stuffed the shells with the cheese mixture...


Then placed them on top of the pasta sauce...


Covered with grated cheese...


Baked until golden...

Delicious, quick and so easy!

2 comments:

  1. you make everything look so easy lol!!! i am terrible at cooking :)
    they look so yummy, i'll have to give this recipe a try one day!

    ReplyDelete