Monday, June 11, 2012

Apple & Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffins {RECIPE}

There is something about rainy days that makes me want to bake.
Maybe it is the warmth from the oven, spreading sweet smells across the house, maybe it is the delicious reward at the end.
I just love it.
I looked at my fruit bowl and saw two lonely granny smith apples.
Too tart to eat raw, I decided some cooking needed to be done.
I usually would whip up a nice crumble, but I decided to do something different.
I dug up an old recipe for apple & cinnamon muffins and drooled a little over the thought of these tasty morsels.
The pantry doors were thrown open and I started to throw ingredients out onto my kitchen bench.
Uh oh.
Oh dear!
No cinnamon.
Hmmm!
I dug myself into my baking supplies shelf and scanned the few items in there...
Voila!
I pulled two extra ingredients out and began to create.
And this is what I ended up with:




Delicious Apple & Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffins.
With a slightly crispy base, but a light and fluffy inside...






...I was in love!
I figured it was also a good way to get some extra fruit in the day. 
(Hubby and kids had no idea there was any apple in these!)


Apple & Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffins



Ingredients:


2 cups plain flour
1 tbspn baking powder
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 small apples, peeled and grated
125g butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla essence


Method:


Melt the butter and place to the side to cool.
Preheat oven to 180*C.
Place eggs, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and beat until combined.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, chocolate chips and grated apple.
Once butter is cool, add to egg and milk mixture, then stir into flour and apple mixture.
Stir until just combined, it will be very lumpy.
Place large tablespoons full of mixture into greased muffin tray and bake for 15-20mins, or until lightly golden.


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment