Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baking for a Birthday!

I can't resist making a cake.
Making a birthday cake, with a theme, is too much fun for me.
I love it!

So when my awesome brother answered my probing cake questions, he requested a Minecraft cake.
I have seen these boys of mine play this game.
I've never played it.
Thank God for Pinterest and good old Google!
I came up with a plan, then changed it, and then again...
I played with some melted chocolate...



Baked two cakes, mud cakes, and let the creativity loose...


A lot of patience required when baking two mud cakes using the same baking tin!
But, after a few hours....








I had planned on setting the pick/axe thingy standing up on top of the cake, but the sunshine softened it in the car ride over to my brother's place....



But I think he was pretty happy with it that way anyway! 






It tasted so rich, so dense...




Of course the little sweet-toothed munchkins loved it...




Perfect mud cakes!




He wanted to explore, but have his cake too!




A piece for me...




The density of the cake made it perfect to cut into blocks...




Didn't you know sugar can make people a little silly?



Happy (belated) birthday dear brother!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That cake looks GOOD! I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what is a "mud cake?" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not stupid question at all! Mud cake is a very dense, fudge-like cake. :)

      Delete