Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine


Yesterday was a long day.
I was cooking all day.
Meringues in the oven while I mixed up cake batter.
Cake baking while I defrosted chicken mince and frozen spinach as well as fish fillets.
Frosting being whipped into fluffy, creaminess while cakes cooled and meringues were being sneakily stolen off the counter...
Dishwasher sloshing and children squealing, crying, laughing and the constant cry of "Mummy, mummy,mummy!"


Three attempts at garlic aioli, until I realized I should have listened to myself, not the recipes I found online.
In the end it was a success.
For dinner I made chicken, spinach and feta rissoles with steamed veges, hot chips and garlic aioli sauce. For me, I had a grilled piece of fish instead of the rissoles.
It was yummy, so, so yummy!
My darling husband was a big fan of the aioli, so it was worth it in the end!

Dessert.
I rushed it a bit....
But it was still good!


We sliced off large chunks...


And drizzled with vanilla cream...


Oh it was goooooood!

My lovely man bought me a box of chocolates and a bunch of some amazingly beautiful tulips.
We snuggled on the couch and watched tv while we sampled the tasty treats.
I like Valentine's Day, only for that fact that it gives us another reason to shower each other with more gestures of our love.


No comments:

Post a Comment