Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Absence, Explained

It's been really busy around here lately.
I have been party planning, cooking, crafting and dealing with the challenges thrown at me every step of the way.


Update on my sewing machine: I got it back from the shop again, and still it was not repaired properly. I took it back and FINALLY was given my refund.
But still, this leaves me without a sewing machine, and not enough money to buy a brand new one.
I promised myself that the next machine would be more of an investment, not a cheap machine that will last me a year and break down.

Yesterday we started the big task of fixing our broken driveway. Over the years, the roots from neighbouring trees have grown up underneath and cracked the concrete, pushing it up and out and everywhere. My husband & I started in the morning before his father came along to help. We smashed out the sections of concrete we needed to replace and hauled them up to the truck for disposal. It was sweaty, hard work. The worst part, was the disgusting discovery we made.


These disgusting little things..... THOUSANDS of them came spilling up from the ground with every chunk of concrete we pulled up. The concrete had a layer of broken bricks and tiles in the bottom of it, and the roaches had nestled themselves in there to make a home. Only one ventured close to our front door and I showed Eve how we deal with them... A swift flick of my shoe and it was taken care of.
While I slipped inside to put of food shopping delivery away (talk about bad timing!), Eve had grabbed my shoe and run around swatting it at the nasty roaches. That's my girl!



Eve was a good little helper.
She saw us carrying concrete up to the truck and went inside, put her boots on and came out to help.
We were at the truck, throwing our loads in and turned around to see her walking up towards us with a little piece of concrete in her hands. She brushed past us, plopped in on the truck bed and dusted her hands off "There we go!" And off she went for more!


It was a long, exhausting day.
I finally got to cut up and freeze the chocolate cake I had baked for Eli's birthday the day before...


And then in the evening, when the kids were finally asleep, we had our date night. Pizza, red wine and snuggling in front of the tv.



So I have to say, posting on here will be sporadic, I rarely have a moment to myself, and when I do, it's usually dedicated to the art of sleeping. One I wish to perfect!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment