Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oat, Honey & Date Biscuits {RECIPE}



I haven't baked anything for a while...
It is sad.
I had DUST on my KitchenAid.
DUST!!!
I had a rummage in my pantry and found a packet of dates, almost empty.
My mind ran to sticky date pudding but I knew I could not do it.
My hips would never forgive me!
I jumped on the website taste.com.au
It is awesome and a great place to do quick searches for new recipes with whatever you have lying around at home.

I found a recipe that looked pretty good.
No sugar, just honey and dates to sweeten.
I liked that idea!
So I got to work.

They were so fast to make and of course I changed the recipe a little, when do I not?
So if you want a nice little treat with your cup of tea/coffee that is a little more natural than some others, give these a go.


Oat, Honey & Date Biscuits

180g oats
75g plain (or wholemeal) flour
60g chopped cashew nuts (unsalted)
10 dried dates, chopped
1 egg
100g butter, melted then cooled
1/3 cup honey

Preheat oven to 180*C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Combine oats, flour, dates and nuts in a bowl.
In a seperate bowl, lightly whisk eggs then add cooled butter and honey.
Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop tablespoonfulls of mixture onto trays 3-4cm apart and flatten slightly.
Bake for 12-15mins or until a lovely golden brown.
Set aside on the trays to cool for 5mins then (taste test now, of course!) transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


Mmmm.... Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmm...time to bookmark this!
    Happy birthday! Thanks for all the hard work you do for this site!

    –Jaclyn T
    TrickArt Jewellery: Nature Chic
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickartjewellery
    Giveaway for gift certs to the shop:
    http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/12/happy-new-year-giveaway-well-five-in.html

    ReplyDelete