Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Lazy Housewife's Dinner

I have a confession...
Not every meal in our house is fantastic, prepared for hours, or planned well in advance.


I do meal plan weekly, but there are those days where you look at what you had planned for the day and think "Oh, I just can't be stuffed!"


So, instead of putting my feet up and letting my family starve, I open the pantry, fridge, pantry, fridge.
*Sigh*
Effort.
I'm tired.
I don't want to cook.
I want to drown my sorrows in a bucket of coffee.
I pull out a tin of tuna and instant mash potato mix from the pantry and shift over to the fridge.
I guess we should have some vegetables in there somewhere...
I grab a carrot, zucchini and some eggs.

I'm almost in a dream-like state as I grate, mix and fry up these tasty little patties.
I assemble them in a tortilla with a handful of lettuce, squeeze on some lemon juice and mayonnaise and VOILA! Dinner!


See?
I am a good wife/mum after all!


(Though I am still tempted every day with the idea of putting my feet up and waiting to see if dinner will cook itself!)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They were much better than I expected! I thought they would be cat food :)

      Delete