Monday, November 5, 2012

It All Comes Back To Baking {Sticky Honey Pecan Cake}


 Is there a self-help book for my addiction?
My baking addiction?
Right now I am a baker without an oven, only a temporary Turbo Oven which is great, but limited to small sizes.
But I am not held back!
There is a recipe that I have had my eye on for a while now…
Sticky Honey Pecan Cake.


Simple, easy and fast to make.
I like that!
The end result?



Oh, sorry.
The cake was so delicious that it did not last long enough for photos.
The recipe is from a kid’s cookbook that my Nana gave me for my 11th birthday. It is that good, I have held onto it for so long!

Sticky Honey Pecan Cake

Ingredients:
340g packet buttercake mix (usually needs 2 eggs, milk and butter)
¼ cup sour cream
2/3 cup pecan nuts, chopped
2/3 cup honey
1 tbspn lemon juice

Method:
Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a 20cm square tin.
Follow directions on packet to make cake batter.
Add sour cream to batter. Beat well.
Add chopped nuts, mix in gently.
Spread evenly in tin. Bake for 45mins. Leave to cool for 5mins.
Put honey and juice into a microwavable dish and heat on high for 30 seconds, or until warm. Stir to combine.
Turn cake out onto serving plate and pour over the honey sauce.
Serve hot.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment