Friday, October 12, 2012

Another Easy Weekday Dinner, Tomato & Tuna Pasta.

I cannot count how many times I have seen an exhausted mother desperately cry out "What can I cook for dinner tonight?"
I am always on the lookout for new recipes.
Fast and easy, with simple ingredients are a week night winner.
I have a few favourites up my sleeve that I whip out when the occasion arises.
Though I do like to be organized, and have dinner prepared early, sometimes there is just no time.

One of the speedy dinners is my home made pizza, that I wrote about the other day.
Another is this, my super fast (and super cheap) tomato & tuna pasta...


I first made this meal many years ago, out of sheer desperation.
The fridge was empty.
The pantry was close to bare.
I had some pasta, a tin of tuna, tinned tomatoes and an onion.

So I did what I could.
I fried up the onion, threw in the tuna (with brine) and tinned tomatoes, seasoned it and tossed through the fresh, hot pasta.
It was delicious!
Simple flavours that were a perfect match.

Of course now I might sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese and parsley, but I still prefer the simple flavours alone.

Have you ever had to whip something up with empty cupboards?

2 comments: