Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Recipe Organization, A Dull Necessity.

Yesterday I spent hours doing the dull job of organizing all of my loose recipes.
The magazine pages I had torn out.
The pages I had printed off.
The popular ones with splatters on the page.
The crisp, new ones, waiting to be experimented with.

I had a mammoth task ahead of me.
This is what I started with:


(Please excuse the horrible photo photos)

I started with a box, which I separated into three piles.
Sweet
Savoury
Rubbish

I had to be brutal and throw away recipes that were too simple, too bland, or that I knew my kids would never eat.
After numerous cups of coffee, and some horrible trashy tv (see my post over here on trashy tv)...
I finally regained some order!


One neatly arranged folder.
Busting at the seams it is so full, every plastic sleeve holding a handful of recipes.
I need to get another folder so I can have one for sweet and one for savoury...
But this is good enough for now!

How do you organize your recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment