Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goodbye Holiday, Hello Home.

Good morning!
Today I feel great.
I feel well rested.
Finally!
Our weekend away with my family was amazing.
Good food, good wine, so many laughs and in a stunningly beautiful place.
If only the kids had slept a little better then it would have been total perfection.

We packed ourselves up and jumped in the car, ready for a short 1 1/2hr drive down south.


We travelled with my brother and sister-in-law, playing leapfrog and sending silly messages to each other as we watched the weather turning...


 It started to get dark, and cold...


We arrived at our destination and it was cold and blue...



We huddled inside and turned the heating on. I panicked at the thought of what I had packed for our supposed sunny holiday.
The girls pulled out their manicure kits and my darling girl was enthusiastic on joining in...


That night was pizza night, and we all took turns crowding into the kitchen creating our own masterpieces.
They were delicious!



The next morning we started with a coffee...



Then headed out the front gate for an adventure...


At the end of the street, mere minutes away...


We headed down the steep hill...


Then more steep hill, followed by stairs and finally...


We reached the shore!


We walked, collected shells, splashed in rock pools...







It was cold and windy, but clear skies and crystal water. Perfect for snorkelling!

We got home and the kids were exhausted from their long trek...


Then the men watched the footy...


Even later it was birthday party time for my grandpa. 
We had a big dinner followed by the birthday cake I had made for him...


After another rough night with the kids, it was a busy father's day morning followed by the local markets.
We saw interesting things for sale...


Bought lots of olives (of course!) and the kids had to have an ice cream from the Mr Whippy van...



Sadly it had to come to an end, family photos were taken, and then bags were packed.
Home we went!
It is so nice to be home again, the kids sleep well in their own beds, and I love having my own kitchen to cook in again.
But it was a lovely weekend, I can't wait for the next family holiday away!


1 comment: