Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome To My Home, Nigella. {RECIPE}

I did it.
I finally bought my first Nigella Lawson book.


I LOVE Nigella.
I LOVE the things she cooks, and the way she does it.
I LOVE watching her tv shows, they inspire me to create, not just cook.

I flicked through the book, drooling a little at the photos of food that I was desperate to make for my family.

I scanned for ingredients that I had on hand...
I came across this recipe...


Yes please!
I had some delicious chocolate chips sitting in the pantry which I purchased on special, a steal for such good quality!

So I enlisted the help of one sweet-toothed toddler, and soon enough we had a warm tray of deliciousness under our noses...


And in our mouths!

(By the way they are HUGE cookies!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

150g soft unsalted butter
125g soft light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, fridge-cold
1 eggs yolk, fridge-cold
300g flour
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
1 x 326g packet choc chips


Method:

Preheat the oven to 170*C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.

Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk until the mixture turns light and creamy.

Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb of soda until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.

Scoop the cookie dough into a quarter cup measure and drop onto the prepared tray, placing about 8cm apart.

You will need to bake these in batches, keeping the bowl of dough in the fridge between batches.

Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted.

Cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.


These cookies can be made up to 3 days ahead and store in an airtight container. Will keep for a total of 5 days.

Baked cookies can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Defrost for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
Unbaked cookie dough can be shaped and frozen on a lined baking trap until solid. Transfer frozen dough to a resealable bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake direct from frozen and add an extra 2-3 minutes to your baking time.

ENJOY!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment