Friday, October 28, 2011

Food & Fun

A while ago I wrote in to my favourite magazine and won an amazing prize pack...



Well I finally used one of them!
It was a tough choice.
But my gorgeous girl helped to decide.
It came down to the bunny rabbit of the butterfly...



She chose the butterfly of course!



I followed the basic chocolate cake recipe on the packaging.



It was quite nice. Not the most amazing flavour, but it was still good. Even better when warm with a little butter spread on top.
The recipe was simple, great to do with a little one and the perfect amount for the mold. I was worried I would have excess batter, but it was perfect!

I whipped up this yummy crustless spinach quiche for lunch last week...



I'm doing a boot camp at my gym, so my food has been very healthy lately!!
I made this yummy vegetable and polenta pie (from my favourite vegetarian cookbook)...



I had fun with my girl making a big mess of ourselves...



We did some splatter paintings with food dye...



And then some painting...


(PLEASE, Blogger, WHY do you rotate my photos, no matter how many times I delet and upload again!!!)

And in other news......



We rescued this gorgeous, fat fluffball from our local animal shelter...



His name is Cedric, he is 5 years old, and a very fat cat who LOVES his food. (Fits right in here!)
He is getting over his shyness but still gets a bit scared around Eve. He has given her a few little scratches but I'm sure he will get used to her with time.

2 comments:

  1. What a great cat! Cedric is a fab name!

    It looks like you and your little one had loads of f-u-n!

    --Jaclyn T
    TrickArt Jewellery: Nature Inspired
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickartjewellery
    http://www.positiveponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Prizes, cake, art and a kitty. Puurfect :D

    ReplyDelete