Sunday, September 4, 2011

Father's Day Feast

This Father's Day I have done it.
I have gone all out and prepared a feast for my wonderful husband.
I am not exaggerating when I say feast.
I mean feast.

Today I am taking him and our two gorgeous kids to the local gardens.
It is a beautiful sunny day and Spring has sprung with the blooms beginning to unleash their delightful fragrance.
I will lay out our food.
So much food.
We will relax, lay about in the sunshine and pick at our tasty treats.
I'm sure our girl will find some ducks to chase and feed them eagerly with the bread crusts we have put aside for them.
All in all it will be a lovely day.
A family day.

Here are some photos of what I have prepared.
I was in the kitchen for hours on end on Friday, since Saturday we were busy all day.
Well worth the effort though.

We will start off with some yummy cheese and crackers...


Then move on to some gazpacho salad...


Greek salad...


Perhaps some creamy potato salad...


I did a roast chicken with smokey barbecue and garlic sauce...


Remember my vegetable and cheese muffins? It is one of my most popular posts...


I added some grated feta cheese and my homemade basil pesto...


These ones I added bacon inside and on top...


And yes, they still taste amazing freshly baked with melted butter inside...


Also with the fresh pesto I made a creamy pesto gnocci...


It is divine!

Now onto the sweet stuff.
Because you know, with me, there will always be sweet stuff!


Caramel slice with chocolate frosting.



I cheated and did a speedy version using a biscuit base and top 'n' fill caramel.
Big mistake.
Never again.
They taste good but no where near as delicious as my usual from scratch slice.

Some snickers brownies, in snack size cupcake cases...


Oh yes, look at those insides...


Of course we needed some fruit in there somewhere.
Strawberries have been very cheap so I grabbed a punnet...


And dipped them in chocolate :)
I also did an experiment and dipped some jersey caramels in chocolate too.
I was dipping and they were there.
Oh and they taste yum!

I spent hours frying...


Mixing...



Washing and chopping...


But in the end, it is all worth it.
For the man I love.
The father of my children.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment