What more do I need to say?
I did some serious multitasking and baked/cooked up these delicious treats the other day.
The fudge was not cooked long enough but it's ok, you can still eat it. You just need a spoon...
Nice and easy one!
Here it is:
Caramel Hazelnut Fudge
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
125g butter, chopped
2 tablespoons glucose syrup
2 tablespoons golden syrup (I use honey)
180g white chocolate
120g dry-roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Grease a 4cm deep, 19cm (base) square can tin. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 3cm overhang on all sides.
- Place condensed milk, sugar, butter, glucose syrup and golden syrup in a heavy based saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3mins or until combined. Increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring for 10-12mins or until thick and glossy. Add chocolate. Cook, stirring until melted.
- Working quickly, spread mixture into prepared tin. Level top with a spatula if needed. Stand for 1min then press hazelnuts into top. Set aside for 20mins to cool.
- Refrigerate overnight, or until set. Lift from pan and using a warm knife, cut in to small squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, between layers of baking paper, for up to one week.