So here, as promised, is the recipe for the delicious Caramel Pecan Cheesecake...
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
100g butter, melted
100g whole pecans, chopped
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
50g butter, chopped
400g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease a 6.5cm deep, 24cm (base) springform cake tin (I used a big rectangular baking dish and made it a slice instead). Line base with baking paper.
- Combine flours, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Add butter and mix well. Press mixture into base of tin. Smooth surface with the back of a metal spoon. Place on an oven tray and bake for 10mins or until firm to touch. Leave to cool.
- Make Caramel: Combine sweetened condensed milk, sugar and butter in an 8 cup capacity, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 to 5mins, whisking every minute for the first 2mins then whisking every 30 secs, or until caramel comes to the boil.
- Scatter pecans over cheesecake base and pour the hot caramel over. Spread with a knife to cover evenly and allow to cool for 10mins.
- Make topping: Place cream cheese and sugar in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add eggs and sour cream and process to combine.
- reduce oven to 170*C. Pour topping over caramel. Bake cheesecake for 30-35mins or until just set. Turn off oven. Allow cake to cool completely in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate for 3hrs or until cold. Cut using a warm, dry knife and serve.
I drizzled some white chocolate over the top to add some sweetness to the cheesecake top.
Enjoy the sugar hit today because it may be the last overload for a while.... Big changes are coming and I am preparing our family for a few changes to the way we eat. I bought a great recipe book full of healthy recipes and can't wait to find some new inspiration.
We do eat quite healthily in our home, I just tend to share my sweeter recipes on here.
Keep an eye out for some new and exciting things coming this way!