Friday, March 26, 2010

It's A Jungle In Here!



Lately I have been doing so many fun things. Such as cleaning.....
Ok so that part was not so fun. The sorting of boxes in our shed was not so fun (and I am not even close to being finished!).
But there was a fun part...
Discovering all the crafty goodies I had packed away in boxes.
So far I have washed a basket full of yarn. Slow process! They are all still out in the fresh air drying slowly.
With all this organisation of things our computer/crafty room is starting to look like a small bomb went off in there. Not only is it already dark and gloomy, now it is messy, dark & gloomy.
The first day of cleaning I uncovered the desk. Who knew it was even there?!
Then came the sorting and rolling up of fabrics, wiping out storage containers and rearranging everything to more sensible homes. (Though I am still struggling to remember were I put anything!)





I noticed I had lots of small 'things' just floating around.
So I pulled out some of my preserving jars and started to fill them.



Zippers!



Vintage and new lace.



Then I sorted through a mountain of crafty magazines and pulled out pattern sheets, cut out pages and put them in plastic sheets. Now I just need a binder....



This retro beauty!



Why furniture?



I fell instantly in love with this embroidery pattern and it is on my very long list of things I want to do....





While washing the yarn I discovered a bag full of lace....



With some little things I have been wanting for ages!



And these little felt whimsies. Aren't they cute? I have no idea what to do with them yet!



There was also a pile of crochet trims and doilies.



The trims I would like to use some and add them to necklines of old plain shirts.

My main project at the moment is a beautiful quilt for my beautiful pregnant step sister, had sewn the strips together a while ago but today sewed some strips of vintage lace next too the seams. Looks cute so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment