Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finally she gets her own room....And I get some sleep!

After wondering why poor little Eve kept waking up so often in the night I had a brainwave and decided to kick us out of our own room and see how she went alone for the night. Well! I was lying in bed unable to sleep, my mind ticking over when my lovely husband drifted off into his deep sleep. Then he started snoring like some kind of wild mountain lion! So THAT was waking her up night after night. So we continued to sleep in the spare bedroom and she continued to sleep ALL night. She still didnt like going to sleep early but sleeping 9-6 is pretty good for her! She even managed a 7:30-4:30 the other night.
So finally the fun part came around-Nursery decorating!
There was the not so fun part of clearing out the spare bedroom, cleaning it and cleaning out the computer room for spare beds. But I had some awesome friends come over and help which made it fly by.
I have done a little crafting for her room. A curtain from some op shop fabric, though I do need to finish the next one as well. Also some cute little fabric canvas squares with her name across them.



Love this rainbow apple fabric!











I'll have to take some photos of the room when it is all finished though it is looking very cute already. She has her foam puzzle alphabet squares in one corner as her play area, her cot in another, change table across from that and her clothes hanging up on a cute little frame. The top of one window is lined with some of her books and a wooden animal mobile hangs above her as she is being changed. Though she is much more interested in the crackling sound of the wipes packet!
Thats all for now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment