So today the weather turned dark, windy and almost wet so fast. I looked in the near bare pantry and decided that a nice warm soup for dinner would be perfect.
I was taught how to make this soup years ago and it is one of the only ways I like to eat lentils. I am a superbly fussy eater so when I tasted this soup I was impressed!
Of course I had to add pasta letters to mine-they make food fun!
And I made some yummy garlic and herb breads from some rolls I found in the freezer. Yummy!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 carrots, chopped roughly
- Vege salt or vege stock
- Fry onions in a big pan with a small amount of vege oil until softened.
- Add carrots and lentils.
- Stir and add tinned tomatoes and one two cans of water.
- Add vege salt/stock and pepper to taste.
- Leave on low heat until carrot is softened and lentils cooked.
- Serve nice and hot!
Buried under the mountain of ice cream and topping I had hidden a thin slice of cake, choc chips and some crushed wafer. Mmmmm........
And here's some yummy looking resin stuff I did the other day: