Monday, March 30, 2009

Cold weather & hearty soup + recipe



So today the weather turned dark, windy and almost wet so fast. I looked in the near bare pantry and decided that a nice warm soup for dinner would be perfect.
I was taught how to make this soup years ago and it is one of the only ways I like to eat lentils. I am a superbly fussy eater so when I tasted this soup I was impressed!
Of course I had to add pasta letters to mine-they make food fun!



And I made some yummy garlic and herb breads from some rolls I found in the freezer. Yummy!

Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1 cup red lentils
  • 2 carrots, chopped roughly
  • Vege salt or vege stock
  • Pepper
METHOD:
  • Fry onions in a big pan with a small amount of vege oil until softened.
  • Add carrots and lentils.
  • Stir and add tinned tomatoes and one two cans of water.
  • Add vege salt/stock and pepper to taste.
  • Leave on low heat until carrot is softened and lentils cooked.
  • Serve nice and hot!
And just because I was craving something sweet I whipped up this yummy desert:



Buried under the mountain of ice cream and topping I had hidden a thin slice of cake, choc chips and some crushed wafer. Mmmmm........



And here's some yummy looking resin stuff I did the other day:

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog. =) I've decided to create one of my own, but I don't know how to create a personalized layout like you have. Could you give me some tips, please?

    ReplyDelete