He stopped for a cuddle and I asked if he could do me a favour.
Check if there was any red curry paste in the fridge.....
He found the curry paste and excitedly asked me:
"Are you making what I think you are making??????"
"Yes honey, I am making satay sauce."
He loves my satay sauce.
And so do I.
It is a big favourite.
I obtained the recipe from a friend's mother who always whipped some up for us when we were over at her house.
So here was our yummolicious dinner:
So here is the recipe:
Vegetables (whatever you like)
2 Cloves Garlic (Fresh! No jar crap!)
About 2cm Cube Ginger (Has to be fresh as well!)
3 Tsp Red Curry Paste Concentrate
Coconut Cream (One can)
3 Tblspn Peanut Butter
1 Tblspn Oil (I used Vege Oil)
Rice (I use Jasmine-so yummy)
- Put rice on to cook.
- Chop all veges and get ready to cook (I use a steamer).
- Place oil, garlic and ginger in a medium size saucepan.
- Fry on medium heat for about 1minute.
- Add curry paste and continue to fry for another minute, stirring.
- Add peanut butter and fry for about a minute, stirring.
- Take off heat.
- Slowly stir in coconut cream.
- Cook vegetables.
- Drizzle sauce over rice + veges.
- Don't serve yourself a humongous bowl that you know you wont finish but wish you could.
It took me 2mins to make! I had a madeira cake sitting in the pantry (leftover from baby shower). All I did was chop up a few thin slices, drizzle some chocolate sauce between them, slice the stack in half, coat in more chocolate sauce and then serve with some yummy ice cream.