Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The best satay sauce you will ever taste!

Tonight as I was pulling things out of the pantry, my hubby just happened to walk past.
He stopped for a cuddle and I asked if he could do me a favour.
Check if there was any red curry paste in the fridge.....
He found the curry paste and excitedly asked me:
"Are you making what I think you are making??????"
"Yes honey, I am making satay sauce."
He loves my satay sauce.
And so do I.
It is a big favourite.
I obtained the recipe from a friend's mother who always whipped some up for us when we were over at her house.

So here was our yummolicious dinner:



So here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

Vegetables (whatever you like)
2 Cloves Garlic (Fresh! No jar crap!)
About 2cm Cube Ginger (Has to be fresh as well!)
3 Tsp Red Curry Paste Concentrate
Coconut Cream (One can)
3 Tblspn Peanut Butter
1 Tblspn Oil (I used Vege Oil)
Rice (I use Jasmine-so yummy)


METHOD:

  • Put rice on to cook.
  • Chop all veges and get ready to cook (I use a steamer).
  • Place oil, garlic and ginger in a medium size saucepan.
  • Fry on medium heat for about 1minute.
  • Add curry paste and continue to fry for another minute, stirring.
  • Add peanut butter and fry for about a minute, stirring.
  • Take off heat.
  • Slowly stir in coconut cream.



  • Cook vegetables.
  • Drizzle sauce over rice + veges.
  • Don't serve yourself a humongous bowl that you know you wont finish but wish you could.
  • Eat!!!
And just because I was in a cooking mood, I invented this fast and yummy dessert.



It took me 2mins to make! I had a madeira cake sitting in the pantry (leftover from baby shower). All I did was chop up a few thin slices, drizzle some chocolate sauce between them, slice the stack in half, coat in more chocolate sauce and then serve with some yummy ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. "He stopped for a cuddle..."

    May I clone your husband? That is too cute.

    ReplyDelete