Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sticky mess and baby brain...

So the last few days have been a bit crazy. I have been sick, hubby has been sick and I have had severe baby brain. Then this morning as I was taking some photos, the little knob too change setting on our camera fell off! Ahhhh! Nooooo! I can still change it around if I whip out a sharp pointy knife and fiddle a bit. But I honestly think me and sharp knives should go on a 'break' for a while.....

I went on a crazy cooking spree a few days ago. Whipped out the pie maker, enlisted hubby to help (no easy feat!) and started cranking out pies like crazy. Of course the kitchen was an absolute mess (sadly still is) but we now have a freezer full of pies.
During this pie frenzy, hubby pulled out the last of the muesli slice and gobbled it down. I had a great idea and thought what they hey, I'll whip up some more! So I pulled everything out, throwing bits and pieces into a bowl and hastily mixing, while our not so fantastic oven slowly heated.
I managed to be patient this time and not melt the choc chips and added a bit more honey (he likes it sweeeet) and chocolate powder. Pressed into pan and away we go, in the oven and baking away.
Few things I should have done:
  • Set a timer! Ah oops!
  • Not rely on hubby to let me know if its done yet.
  • Realized that when I pulled the burnt sticky mess out of the oven that hubby needs lessons on how to tell if something is burning.
Of course I went off to lie down (being hugely pregnant can get tiring) and forgot about it entirely. After about an hour or two I suddenly remembered, jumped out of bed yelling "SSLLIIIIICCEE" among many other not so pretty words.
I pulled it out, inspecting it closely. It didnt look so bad! Nicely brown on top, a little crusty on the sides, but hey-this could be ok! Then the smell hit me......Oh, maybe not so ok.
The bottom was burnt, only a few milimetres of slice was edible. Here is my new self defense weapon:


After chasing my dogs down (they like to sneak out under the fence) I rummaged for some more giveaway goodies. There I found this tangled mess:



This might take a while to fix!

We have had some nice weather, rainy and cold. So much better than the heat-i love it. And one evening I spotted this out the back window and had to go take some photos...





So we took the dogs out for a run around. I really wish they'd stay still.......



So I could get a good......



Photo of them....

2 comments:

  1. so jealous it snowed here again!

    p.s. love what you did to your muesli slices:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, the oven situation's happened to me waaaay too many times :P And I usually don't remember until I actually smell it.

    ReplyDelete